Saturday, February 6, 2010

6th Feb 2010 QVMAG Inveresk.






Today we had a great mix of people, the youngest being three. It was also wonderful again to see such a cross section of the community wanting to be part of this work. It was also fantastic to see that people that had just learnt the skill of making felt spheres were confident enough to help and show people that had not felted before how to make one. It seems to be addictive and most people did not stop at just one, but made many - even the children. Again it was just beautiful to hear conversations just flow amongst strangers.

Also this week I have had people wanting to contribute spheres made from angora and Alpacha - aslong as it is cream and felted and spherical (and you know that it will become a perminate part of a bigger collection) I don't mind.

Thank you to the wonderful people that were part of today, we made 45 spheres. Here is the list of people and their stories....

Charlotte - Amelia (in the Photo)
3
when asked what her hopes are - they are simple - "to play with my friends"

Lachlan James
8
when I look at the stars I think wow.

William Boyle
10
Australia
Because it is fun & Sonja is my friend

Sophie Boyle
8
Australia
Because it is fun & Sonja is a friend

Harrison Boyle
6
Australia
My ball will be part of an art work in City Park

David Boyle

43
Australia
Enjoy life and company of good friends


Bridie Smith
6
Australia
I like to roll the ball


Jonah Smith

9
Australia
I want to become a professional snow boarder.

Sally Flood
Australia

I wanted to be a part of this great community project. Can’t wait to see it in situ!!!


Christine Kitto
Australia
It’s great to contribute to a community project.

Margaret Barlow
Australia
Great fun to be part of a community arts project.



Moe Taniyoshi

Japan
My wish is coming back to Australia! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment